Saturday, August 06, 2005

I tried to kill the time, but it has nine lives.

This is how jobless I am these days. I once posted this entry not too long ago [feb 7th], and *tada* here I am, posting it again. Okie, here goes.

Step 1: Open your Winamp or other MP3 player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: Write down the first 25 songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 4: Wait for complaints about the esoteric nature of your mp3s.

1. Saybia - The Day After Tomorrow
Simple, sad, a bit nyenye. It's one of my personal favorite though. Once there was a time when the lyrics couldn't be more true.

2. Marcy Playground - Comin' Up From Behind
One of those keren songs. And one of those songs that make me assume the frontman is sexy without having to see his face.

3. Badly Drawn Boy - Silent Sigh
An all-time favorite. Whenever I hear it again after a long time, it always reminds me of my senior year. And that's not a bad thing. "Come see what we all talk about/People moving to the moon/Stop baby don't go stop here/Never stop living here"

4. Shawn Mullins - Lullaby
A bit country-ish. With the artist telling a story instead of singing it. But it's nice. And sometime, stupidly, it can be my assurance that everything's gonna be alright.

5. Unwritten Law - Seeing Red
Mediocre, a bit unknown rock band? Wait, what happens here? Is my playlist swarmed with songs from my senior year? Think so. I give it a "so-so" rate. "Now it's time to make a choice/And all I wanna hear is your voice."

6. Evan & Jaron - The Distance
Eeek, yes, they're the guys who sang for Dawson's Creek soundtrack. A little corny, but sweet. "I can't take the time until the next time I see you smile."

7. Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
Also an all-time favorite. One of those catchy rock songs. And it has the sweetest lyrics ever! "I wanna wake up where you are/I won't say anything at all" and "What you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful." Aww, isn't it?

8. Maroon 5 - Must Get Out
One of the nice songs from those dandy guys. "This city's made us crazy and we must get out." Yes, indeed.

9. Slank - Jakarta Pagi Ini
One of a few touching songs from Slank. It has a calming tunes, but depressing lyrics. "Aku di sini/Oh sepi/Tempatku bukan di sini/Jakarta pagi ini" Yeah, right on!

10. Damien Rice - Lonelily
Beautiful tunes, soothing. I still haven't figured out what it's about though.

11. Duncan Sheik - Wishful Thinking
Another all-timer. I like the lyrics. Hit too close. "Will it ever be anything more than wishful thinking"

12. Hometown Heroes - Eighteen
Another senior year song. Another so-so, but still...

13. Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful
It's beautifully killing. The tunes, the lyrics...Kill, kill, kill!

14. Eve 6 - Here's To The Night
I used to think this song was a, well, cheap song. Not anymore. It's sad. "Don't let me let you go" *sob*

15. Ant & Dec - Falling
Ahahahah, I know. But I like those guys. And I particularly like this song, although it screams "corny" from every angle.

16. Victor Malloy - Boys Don't Cry
Yes, it's The Cure cover. But unlike the original version, this one isn't upbeat. In fact, it's so mellow, it'd be a bit hard not to cry.

17. Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine
After Strange and Beautiful, finally this guy gets his share of happiness. Simple but very, very sweet words! "Give me your hand and you will see/Your heart is keeping time with me"

18. Turin Brakes - Painkiller
Nice. Nothing significant, though.

19. David Gray - This Year's Love
Sweet lyrics, killing tunes. Good for those cold nights.

20. Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
Happy-go-lucky, retro, typical Beach Boys. But really, it can make you stop worrying about something. "Don't worry, baby/Everything will turn out alright"

21. Modest Mouse - Float On
Another calming and yet, keren song.

22. John Mayer - Gone
N*Sync cover. Supposed to be cool, but it's like, 95% of John babbling, and the singing is only 5%. Someone has to stop his mouth one day. Talking of which, have you seen him lately? His hair grows longer. Not good. Pity, he used to look so good.

23. Feist - Inside And Out
An old Beegees' song. I like Feist' voice better though. This is my current I-can't-stop-singing-it song.

24. Natasha Bedingfield - These Words
Ah ini baru aib! But I like it, it's one happy song. Besides, it reminds me of the time when I realized I was still capable of liking someone else other than...someone.

25. Alpha - Sometime Later
Sad. Sad. Sad. If I'm not mistaken, this is the soundtrack of My Life Without Me that I watched a few days ago. Don't know what it's about, point is, it's hidup segan mati tak mau kind of song.

No comments: