Thursday, February 22, 2007

this is how it works, you're young until you're not

Just three hours ago I signed my working contract with Wanita Indonesia. Yes, the tabloid I mentioned in my last entry. My tummy's churned, I'm committed.

Just three days ago I was sitting in an IT company's meeting room--up there on the 7th floor, with a big window and tall buildings as its view. And I was thinking about giving up my idealistic dream of working in a media, learning my brain out about IT and eLearning and such, and becoming a power-suit-wearing corporate slave. IF, they want to hire me.

However, that's bye-bye now. At least for the next 6 months.

I really hope this will go well. The last 2 days has been a nervous-fest for me. I have to socialize, and so far so good in that department. I work with an all-boys team, that's a plus. But there's this girl who looks like she won't look at my direction and I'm afraid she hates me. And another girl who looked at me funny when I said I wanted to make a cup of coffee just minutes ago. What?

O my. I start thinking too much.

My boss isn't here yet and it's almost lunch time now and I don't have anything to do. Crap. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the lazy days, if only I had someone to talk to. AND if only those girls I mentioned above didn't keep passing me by on their way to the kitchen.

*major sigh*

Maybe I'll be back in an hour or so.

No comments: