Thursday, August 02, 2007

when i say out loud i want to get out of this, i wonder, is there anything i'm going to miss

Yesterday, I saw a girl. About my age. Nothing unusual, jeans, tee, and cardi if I'm not mistaken. And aside from her bag, the only thing she carried was a big brown envelope. She was passing me, S, and another guy from the artistic on her way in. She had that fearful-slash-jittery look. You know, like she couldn't bring herself to look directly at us, so instead she tried her best to nail her eyes to her shoes. She went in for like 30 seconds, came back out again, and the envelope had gone.

S and I looked and smirked at each other. And almost simultaneously said "my (/your) replacement". And sighed.

My prejudgement about the girl? As Phoebe Buffay might say, I think she's "vanilla". I wonder what the other applicants look like. I wonder if there's any other applicant.

No comments: