Tuesday, October 05, 2010

well you can't get what you want, but you can get me

Let's talk about expensive stuff, shall we? Since I want so many things but my money seems to dissolve in the rain lately, why don't I just post them here. That way I can be reminded to save more money to buy them, and you can be reminded that my birthday is in a month. Just sayin'.

1. The Art of Tim Burton

The book contains artworks of Tim Burton--if you can't tell that already. With personal text contributions from Johnny Depp, Martin Landau, Danny Elfman, Winona Ryder! It costs USD 69.99 for the standard edition, and USD 299.99 for the deluxe edition! Muy expensivo. But one can't put a price on one's holy bible, right?

2. Flash for Diana

It amazes me when people can take pictures without any flash. I can't. What's the point of having the oh-so-fun-and-so-easy-to-carry Mini Diana if I can only use it outdoor, on bright daylight? It's USD 60.58, but I think you can get it for IDR 500,000 here. Same difference, I know.

3. Lomo Spinner 360

This is like, the coolest of the uber cool in toy camera world. This camera takes panoramic picture to a whole new level by enabling you to capture 360 degree view! I don't know if they have it here, but you can always purchase it online for only USD 145.66!

4. Polaroid SX70 Original

I've always wanted an instant polaroid camera. But then they stopped producing the camera and the film altogether. You can still get the secondhand, warranty-less camera here for about IDR 400,000, but it'll be a pain in the ass trying to find the film. However, The Impossible Project decides to reproduce the camera and the film. And I want this one, the SX70, which costs USD 332. The compatible film will cost you USD 10 up to USD 44.

5. The Raveonettes and Flaming Lips live in Singapore


Okay, so I just found out about this from Twitter. The Raveonettes will visit Singapore, Jakarta and Hong Kong. So why did I choose the one in Singapore for this wishlist? Because Jakarta is the only city where The Raveonettes will perform without Flaming Lips. Uncool. Plus, the one in Singapore is on November 11th! My birthday (there goes the 2nd reminder in the post)! It would be so cool to turn 26 while watching The Raveonettes and Flaming Lips.


That's it for now. Looking back, three out of five are camera-related. And none of it is professional stuff. Oh well *shrug*

Happy shopping, fellows!

1 comment:

atchoo said...

that'll be really cool seeing a gig on your birthday. Aku bantu doa aja yah :D