Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ow shoot, I skipped July.

So what is up is that I have a new job now. I am now a writer (some debate that I'm a Senior Writer--which feels weird considering I've only been here for a month or so) for a high-end magazine in Jakarta. The name of the magazine? Hint: I've mentioned it already.

So far, it's been nice. Meaning, it's waaaaay more laid back than my previous gig as a spy. The money is slightly below my previous salary, but it's relatively big for this kind of job. Perks? Free meals at fancy restaurants for the culinary-related articles, free passes to see a piano recital, a youth orchestra, and best of all, Incubus :D

What I like most about this new job is probably the fact that I get to write again. Even better, in English! English! No more dreadful, obligatory teenage lingo in Bahasa such as "gokil, sob" like what I had to write weekly on my first job. It's a monthly magazine, so deadlines are a bit friendly here.

When I get the hang of the job, I think I'll do some side jobs like translation works, or freelance writing. You know where I can get one of those?

...My God, this post is boring. And I don't know why I bore you with this. 

I'll be back. Consider this an obligatory post after I missed July.

3 comments:

prin_theth said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of monthly magazine. In english. WILL make you wonder why didn't you do this sooner. Can it get better than this? Oh yes it can: freelancing!

Peds said...

After a friggin' long time with no post, cuma gini doang -_-

But yeahhh I want me some freelancing, too! Tak sabar mau ongkang kaki tetep kerja tapi suka hati di mall, di rumah, sambil menikmati uang hasil kerja keras suami.

*astagfirullah niatnya aja udah jelek gini ya*

Komen gue sama entry lo panjangan komen gue, dul. Yaelah.

atchoo said...

Next time you get some freebies, share them to me haha!

have you visited my new blog btw? solitaryriot.dreamwidth.org