Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Put me down and call it fate.

With my teaching job, I've to work my ass off to manage my schedule. I still go to the campus (although I don't necessarily go to the classes), I still go out and play with my friends, I still share a few gossips with people in kansas, I still watch my favorite TV shows, I still talk to my mom and play with Chichi; so I figured something's gotta give. And that something is my beauty rituals. I've overgrown my bangs, pimples start to show up, my skin has gotten darker over the past 1 month when I actually prefer my lobster-red shade, and my eyebrows take a journey back in time when Brooke Shield was the fashion guru. I guess that explains why I've never seen any teacher turning into a supermodel.

Anyway. Tomorrow's the 1st day of Ramadhan. But I'm somehow sensing tensions all around (well, in my campus actually). Conflicts are definitely lurking in the shadow. Well, good. More drama to watch. Tee-hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Something weird just occured. See, I was chatting nonchalantly with Sindro, when suddenly she casually mentioned his name in a casual sentence. For a splitsecond my inside skipped a beat, and the other half of the second, it started to beat so fast. In my case, that's normal. But the weird thing is, my eyes went glassy. I didn't even feel like crying. I wasn't sad. I'm still not. But there I was, with glassy eyes and so many tummy butterflies I couldn't sit still. Weird.

Run, run like the wind
Don't wait for a thing
There is nothing here for you
But if you stay
Well then let me say
I'll go out of my way for you

[s.fretwell]

No comments: